Saturday, February 11, 2006

Star Struck


The other day I’m sitting in a waiting room idly flipping through a Town and Country magazine. After reading about all the latest fund raising parties, admiring the beautiful homes and some pretty glamorous women I turned to the Horoscope. I’ve never in my life read a Horoscope and I’m still not sure what it’s all about.
So..I turn to my sign, I start reading..and I turn white.
This Horoscope seems to know everything about me and everything that’s going on in my life!
I could not believe it.
It described my character perfectly.
Those in my sign are artistic and creative and unorganized...ok..I’ll stop there..

No..I’m not going to start basing life decisions on Astrology.
There is definitely something to this. These weeks Parashios are full of stargazers and Astrologists. However I’m a firm believer in Tomim Tihyeh im Hashem Elokecha.
I don’t like woodgie woodgie stuff. I refuse to wear a red bendel on my hand and I don’t like going to Mekubalim and Ayin Horah experts..etc..

I do have to say I was thoroughly spooked and I do not intend on ever peeking into that forboding section again.

Instead of stargazing I’ll stick to gazing at stars in the front of the magazine.