Thursday, December 01, 2005

Dude..what's that on your hubcap??


So...here I am in the back seat of a minivan spacing out and staring out the window after a long day. Cruising along in moderate traffic my eyes jumping from one car to another watching people who are oblivious to the fact that they're being watched.... when a cute green Volkswagen Beetle slowly enters my view..traveling a few mphs slower than we were. Suddenly something catches my eye and my vision reluctantly moved down from the pretty hipster singing to herself down to the hubcaps..and lo and behold spinning around happily in the center of the hubcap is a Swastika! No..I was not seeing things. I jolted up..and started looking around for other Volkswagens but most were going to fast or slow. There was only one very disturbing conclusion..
The Volkswagen logo was designed to become a swastika when it's spun at 30-40 miles per hour.
Am I the only person on earth that knows this??

When I got home I did a google search and..there was one mention of it online on someone else's blog a few years ago...and that's it. But I began reading into the history of VW and it makes sense. Volkswagen was the brainchild of Hitler that wanted every German family to afford a car. Volks-Wagen means The Nation's or People's car.
Isn't it ironic that the Fuehrers car should..20 years later be adopted by the left wing hippy movement?
The maximum speed back then was about 40 miles per hour so everything makes sense. I'm just surprised that no one seems to know about this. Actually the guy that designed the VW logo is alive and suing VW at this moment for not being compensated so I guess..we can find old Nikolai Borg and ask him himself.

Next time you're out driving keep your eyes out for a VW.....