Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Post vs Times



Isn't it amazing how you can read 2 newspapers on the same day, published in the same city and yet when you're done reading them you could swear they were published on 2 different planets!
While the Times is telling me about massacres in Africa that are killing tens of thousands of people the Post is telling me about Linsay Lohan being seen with a new boyfriend.
It takes me about 5 minutes to finish the Post during breakfast while it takes 2 hours to read half of the Times.

Of course the big question is ..Is the Times ant-Israel or not? I'll be honest with you..not enough to make me throw it away in disgust and personally I'd rather get 2 or 3 pages covering a story from every angle (yes, including the Palestinian angle) and then come up with my own conclusions to having one side force fed to me in one paragraph.
But on the issue ..of the Times being Anti-Israel..I've given it much thought. I guess fundamentally it comes down to this
..Are there 2 sides to this conflict?
Is there even a Palestinian side to it?
Is it wrong to empathize with Palestinians suffering? or..is it like empathizing with the citizens of Dresden at the time in 1945?

Feel free to comment..