Monday, August 22, 2005

Damn..That hurts..!

I've been dealing with 3 distinct pain related issues this past year and have had some time to dwell on the sensation we call pain.
So much has been made of Pleasure..well let's not forget her partner sensation ...Pain.

Disclaimer: I've never had a Kidney Stone attack nor have I given birth.

But pain is a funny thing (rhetorically)..because after it leaves..you sort of long for the intense sensation. I guess I can see how people translate pain into pleasure. I tried hard to metally and completely conquer the pain and found it impossible, however you can manage it in a way that it doesn't consume you (I haven't figured out how to do that with pleasure yet..lol).

Ok. The first painful occurance was a scratched cornea..the second was intense back pain and the third a tooth ache.
I'm not sure which was the worst..when it comes to pure intensity of pain I think the tooth ache takes the cake..because there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. I was literally up all night..climbing the walls in pain.
Back pain really makes you imobile though.
As for the scratched cornea...it's just plain miserable...you cant stop tearing up..you cant see..and it hurts...Damn it hurts!

The bottom line is..whatever pain you happen to be going through at that moment..becomes the worst pain to have ever existed...

Zol zein a kapurah!

D