Monday, June 05, 2006

Empty Room


Empty room..
Gaudy
Big
Gaudy
Haughty
She stands over her precious
Protecting her
Watching over
Windows all around
Not a sound
Faces pressed to the pane
Insane
Intense gazes
Siblings..Grandparents..Principals..Teachers..Rebbeim
Faces..
Presence...
The room..the air
Thick
Unsafe..Unfit
For your little lungs..
Must shield her
Don’t fight..
Don’t fight it..
It worked for your sisters
Shhh Stop.....
Its for your good..
Mommy stop..I can’t breathe
Why are you so difficult..?
Cant you see I’m protecting you..?
Ziesskeit..
Look at this air..
Stop..
Just a little more...
shhh
All those eyes..
Thru the dusty air..
struggling
Mommy...stop...you’re hurting me..
YOU’re sMOTHERing me...
Shhhh...stop
Shhh..
Anxiously..oh Hashem....
Pinning her...
please just a few more minutes
Years
Mom STOP
I Can’t FUCKING Breathe






Gasp



The eyes disappear
One by one..
Shaking their heads..
Leaving
Smudge marks on the pane
The pain
Exhausted..





Just go




In disgust...